Scholar must be a Kentucky resident and U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident.
Enrolled in nine hours or less a term at a participating Kentucky institution, pursuing an approved credential, and maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
Be employed at least 20 hours/week in a participating early childhood facility
- or provide training in early childhood development at least 12 times/year for an organization approved to offer training by the Office of the Inspector General of the Cabinet for Health and Family Services.
- or be employed as a preschool associate teacher in a state-funded preschool program
- Not be eligible to receive state or federal training funds through Head Start, a public preschool program, or First Steps.
- Have no unpaid financial obligation to the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority.
- Agree to a service contract based on the credential pursued.